Value added tax (VAT) is one of the most complex of UK taxes and can become a burden to any business. With constant changes to the legislation including the significant changes introduced with Making Tax Digital (MTD), failure to comply can lead to serious consequences.
We are experienced VAT accountants that can assist in simplifying matters and to ensure your business remains compliant with the changing regulations and that you minimise any payment to H M Revenue & Customs.
Our wide ranging client base and depth of experience means we understand the specialist needs of both the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
We are regularly involved in assisting clients with the preparation, review and submission of their VAT returns ensuring compliance at every step. Our services are both flexible and adaptable, enabling you to pick and choose the extent of the assistance you require.
- Advising you on whether to register for VAT
- Completing the VAT registration process with HMRC
- Assistance on the deregistration process
- Help to identify the most appropriate and beneficial VAT scheme for your business
- Advise on the VAT liability of any supplies you make, or are intending to make
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns
- Partial exemption calculations
- Compliance with regulations and MTD
- Act on your behalf and deal with HMRC
- Liaison with HMRC in relation to compliance visits or inspections
- Specialist VAT advice for sectors including:
- International transactions, including reverse charges
- Land, property and construction
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Publications and other printed matter
- Recovery of tax
- Second hand margin scheme
- Tour operators and travel agents