What is Corporation Tax?
Businesses are taxed separately for Corporation Tax on the businesses trading profits, investment income and Capital Gains.
Who pays Corporation Tax?
It is not only owners of Limited Companies that pay Corporation Tax. Other types of businesses which are liable for Corporation Tax include:
- Unincorporated Associations,and;
- Other associations including clubs, societies and other membership organisations.
Rates for Corporation Tax
The current rate for Corporation Tax in the UK is 19%.
Ring fence companies can claim Marginal Relief on profits between £300,000 and £1.5 million.
You can view previous Corporation Tax rates here.
HMRC’s tougher stance
Corporation Tax can be challenging for the tax novice. HMRC continues to introduce harsher penalties for non-compliance whilst stepping up their number of detailed tax investigations. You may well find that dealing with HMRC eats up more of your precious time.
We can help
At McCabe Ford Williams Chartered Accountants, we have the knowledge and experience to help your organisation deal with the increasingly complex Corporation Tax system.
Our Corporation Tax services
We offer a comprehensive Corporation Tax compliance service to relieve you of this administrative burden, including:
- Preparing and submitting the corporate tax return;
- Calculating the tax provision for your accounts;
- Ensuring compliance with corporation tax self assessment;
- Dealing with HMRC on your behalf;
- Advising how much tax to pay and when to make a payment.
If you need more help
We also offer a full corporate tax planning service. So, if you are struggling to get to grips with Corporation Tax or any other tax or accounting matters simply call or complete our contact form and book a free consultation.