We understand that dealing with probate can often be a distressing and emotional time for family members who may struggle to cope with all the legal and administrative duties that will arise.
How we can help
We know that this is a difficult time for the family of the deceased so when you instruct us we will assign a sympathetic dedicated team member to guide you through. All of our team are very knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature. They will be on hand to advise on the financial implications and will lift the burden of probate.
- register the death;
- organise the funeral;
- determine the assets and liabilities of the deceased;
- prepare and submit tax returns to the date of death;
- assist with the application for the appropriate Probate Certificate;
- ensure all relevant tax reliefs are applied for;
- settle the Inheritance Tax and obtain clearance from HMRC;
- realise the assets, discharge all liabilities and expenses;
- pay bequests;
- distribute the assets of the estate to the beneficiaries;
- prepare and submit income tax returns from the date of death and pay any tax due;
- prepare a set of estate accounts.
We can do as much or as little as you want, ranging from simply completing the probate forms to the full service. You are welcome to select which services suit you.
Efficient & cost-effective
As we are experienced in handling all the red tape, you will also find our service to be efficient and cost effective. What’s more, we don’t charge a percentage of the value of the estate like some Probate Practitioners which can save thousands of pounds in fees.
More information about our Probate Services can be found in our Probate Pack
McCabe Ford Williams is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales. Our probate team includes Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisors and Insolvency Practitioners who bring a wealth of expertise in dealing with all probate and tax matters.
Our firm’s reference number with the ICAEW is C005341462.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Hub