Colin McCabe and Richard John Ford start the firm C. McCabe Ford & Co, from offices in Mill Street, Maidstone.
During World War II the Mill Street offices are heavily bombed and the firm has to move to a new office in Gabriel’s Hill. Further moves happen over time, first with a move to Lower Stone Street, then to Hart Street in Maidstone and finally in 2017 the move to 89, King Street, Maidstone.
By the late 1940’s all farmers, a key client sector of the firm, were required to prepare accounts for tax purposes. To fulfil the resulting growth in demand for our firm’s services a second office is opened near Ashford market.
The Ashford office was run by Richard’s brother Roger Ford whom, after being called up for war duty and active service at The Battle of Arnhem, had joined the firm where he also qualified before becoming a Partner.
At approximately the same time our Cranbrook office was opened following the acquisition of a sole practitioner’s firm.
McCabe Ford Williams is registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.